Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 25:23 — 20.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Joe Pulizzi — Founder of Content Marketing Institute — Would Anyone Miss Your Content If It Was Gone?
Joe Pullizi is a leading evangelist for content marketing, an entrepreneur and a speaker and is the author of awesome content marketing books such as Content Inc and Epic Content Marketing. He believes passionately that there is a better way for brands to market than they have done in the past and as the founder of Content Marketing Institute. In fact, CMI is a culmination of all his ideas and beliefs around content marketing.
Share this Episode
Related Podcast Episodes
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:50 – Ash Roy reads a review of a podcast listener from Australian iTunes store.
- 01:22 – Related podcast episodes that you may find useful
- 02:47 – Introduction to Joe Pulizzi, the founder of Content Marketing Insititute
- 03:20 – Joe Pulizzi shares his views on content marketing and the importance of good content marketing strategy in the digital era.
- 05:21 – How building an audience via opt-ins leads to best results over 12 to 15 months
- 06:15 – Ash explains his comment”Attention is the new currency” in his interview with Kevin Rogers and his comment “Do you want to be a part of the conversation between buyer and seller?” with Chris Garrett’s.
- 08:18 – Ash discusses Rand Fishkin’s view that ‘good quality content is the content that tends to get shared’.
- 08:51 – How a great content marketing mission statement can help make your content rise to the top
- 09:51 – Joe Pulizzi explains Content Marketing Institute’s mission and vision statement.
- 11:16 – Joe Pulizzi shares some tips on how to create your mission statement.
- 11:49 – Joe Pulizzi explains the importance of understanding your buyer persona first before creating content that solves their problem.
- 13:05 – Ash Roy and Joe Pulizzi share examples of how educational content marketing works.
- 14:34 – The importance of posting your content on your website and propagating links to social media (rather than directly on social media platforms)
- 16:30- Joe Pulizzi’s view on the evolution of written content marketing over the last few years
- 17:40 – How to do content marketing experiments the right way
- 19:16 – How Joe Pulizzi sees content marketing evolve in 2016
- 19:53 – Ash Roy enumerates the key actions the listeners can take from this episode.
- 21:21 – “Would anyone miss your content if it was gone?” — the most critical question in writing content
- 22:14 – Finding where your products fit in your audience journey is the best way to build customer relationship.
- 23:01 – Books that have significant impact on Joe Pulizzi and why
- 24:06 – How to find out more about Joe Pulizzi
- 25:03 – Thank you