Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email |
Rohit Bhargava — Author of Likeonomics and Non-Obvious — On The Value of Content Curation Over Content Creation
Share this Episode
Related Podcast Episodes
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:40 – Intro and Overview
- 01:16 – How to build influence and why being an influencer is such an important competitive advantage
- 02:26 – A better question is “How do you identify an influencer that is relevant to your situation?”.
- 03:53 – Engagement and quality of people you’re influencing matter more.
- 05:57 – The idea behind the book: Non-obvious and how to use principles
- 06:45 – Rohit Bhargava’s hack on thinking in a non-obvious way – intersections
- 07:48 – Two great people who used intersections effectively: Steve Jobs and Charlie Munger
- 08:49 – The secret to trend curation: Capture valuable ideas during your day to day life, then access them so you can categorise and connect them.
- 10:17 – The problem with digital tools when it comes to trend curation and what to do instead
- 15:06 – The longest time Rohit Bhargava spent working on a blog post
- 16:30 – How Rohit Bhargava helps big brands and leaders increase their influence
- 17:00 – Rohit Bhargava on his book ‘Likeonomics’
- 18:36 — “The maintenance of trust is really about reputation.” — Rohit Bhargava
- 19:23– The biggest challenges with building influence in today’s information overloaded environment and how to continue it
- 21:32 — “What gets confused a lot in the media is they categorise fleeing interest for belief.” — Rohit Bhargava
- 22:26 — Rohit Bhargava’s fundamental concern about media literacy
- 23:21 – Challenges and responsibilities of influencers when it comes to commanding attention
- 24:40 — The challenge as an influencer is to work out how to take the attention we’ve earned and avoid transforming it into evil manipulation (an example in food marketing).
- 26:19 – What actions a listener can take to increase influence in the market
- 27:11 – Rather than creating more content in an information overloaded environment, consider curating content and adding valuable insights to bring a deeper understanding to that content.
- 29:19 — The art to good content curation
- 30:46 – The books that had big impact on Rohit Bhargava
- 36:08 – How to find out more about Rohit Bhargava