Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email |
Mobilegeddon Is Here! Is Your Site Mobile Responsive? – with Eric Enge
Share This Podcast:
Related Podcast Episdoes:
Key points (with timestamps)
- 2:57 – Eric’s take on how SEO has evolved over the years
- 5:43 – Mobilegeddon (April 2015 google alogrithm) update and why you need to understand its implications
- 6:09 – Growth in mobile traffic isn’t at the expense of desktop traffic. It’s in addition to desktop traffic!
- 10:51 – Two studies that talk about the scope of Mobilegeddon
- 12:00 – How a drop of a couple of positions in google rankings can affect your traffic by up to 50%
- 14:29 – Five (5) years from now, we’re going to see completely different search experiences on mobile.
- 16:51 – Eric’s study on Mobilegeddon update showed that 50% of sites dropped in rankings following the update.
- 17:22 – The impact of Mobilegeddon hasn’t been fully experienced yet.
- 21:04 – Why the user’s search experience is so important to google
- 24:27 – Actions listeners can take to improve their content’s performance in search engines
- 27:18 – The days of black hat SEO are over.
- 31:22 – How to quickly tell if a website is mobile responsive – Google’s mobile-friendly tool
- 34:36 – The key indicators that your site is mobile responsive
- 36:51 – Books that have had great impact on Eric
- 40:11 – How to find out more about Eric
If you enjoyed this podcast then please share it with your friends – your referral is the ultimate compliment!