Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Mobilegeddon Is Here! Is Your Site Mobile Responsive? – with Eric Enge
Eric Enge is an expert in SEO and content marketing. He’s the CEO of Stone Temple Consulting and has worked in the industry for more than 30 years. He’s been an entrepreneur for most of his career; The Stone Temple interview series – which was highly acclaimed for its interviews with top search engine employees such as Google’s Matt Cutts and other industry luminaries. He’s also co-authored a book, The Art of SEO which he wrote with Rand Fishkin whom I interviewed in an earlier episode in this podcast. He is well-known for writing in many places such as Forbes, Copy Blogger, and Search Engine Land and as a result, was named the 24th most influential person on the topic of content marketing.
Share This Podcast:
Related Podcast Episdoes:
Key points (with timestamps)
- 2:57 – Eric’s take on how SEO has evolved over the years
- 5:43 – Mobilegeddon (April 2015 google alogrithm) update and why you need to understand its implications
- 6:09 – Growth in mobile traffic isn’t at the expense of desktop traffic. It’s in addition to desktop traffic!
- 10:51 – Two studies that talk about the scope of Mobilegeddon
- 12:00 – How a drop of a couple of positions in google rankings can affect your traffic by up to 50%
- 14:29 – Five (5) years from now, we’re going to see completely different search experiences on mobile.
- 16:51 – Eric’s study on Mobilegeddon update showed that 50% of sites dropped in rankings following the update.
- 17:22 – The impact of Mobilegeddon hasn’t been fully experienced yet.
- 21:04 – Why the user’s search experience is so important to google
- 24:27 – Actions listeners can take to improve their content’s performance in search engines
- 27:18 – The days of black hat SEO are over.
- 31:22 – How to quickly tell if a website is mobile responsive – Google’s mobile-friendly tool
- 34:36 – The key indicators that your site is mobile responsive
- 36:51 – Books that have had great impact on Eric
- 40:11 – How to find out more about Eric
If you enjoyed this podcast then please share it with your friends – your referral is the ultimate compliment!