Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Content Marketing With Chris Garrett From Copyblogger – How To Use Content Marketing For Business Success
Chris Garrett is one of the most prolific content marketers out there, and that is . Chris has a long history with CopyBlogger and has mentored some of the biggest bloggers in the world including John Morrow who I featured earlier on in this podcast series.
He’s also worked closely with Darren Rowse, and in one of the CopyBlogger authority webinars, I remember him being described by Sonya Simone as someone who’s one of the founders of CopyBlogger as one of the hardest-working people she knows. Chris was born in Canada. He grew up in the UK, and now he lives in Alberta, Canada where he teaches content marketing at a University.
Share This Episode:
A few highlights from the interview (timestamps included):
- 1m:48s – What is content marketing?
- 3m:48s – Coca-Cola Anti-Case Study for Content marketing
- 5m:53s – Positive Case Study on Content marketing. Marcus Sheridan’s swimming pool company
- 7m:17s – What McDonalds (and Coca-Cola) are doing right when it comes to content marketing
- 7m:17s – The ‘conversation’ every buyer has with the seller prior to any purchasing decision (via the internet). The conversation is going to happen with or without you.
- 9m:37s – How content marketing enables businesses leverages the online channel
- 12m:00s – How that conversation leads to a Yes or a No decision before the buyer purchases
- 13m:37s – Dan Pink – “Everything Good in life begins with a conversation.”
- 15m.24s: – If you don’t use content marketing as a key marketing tool, one of your competitors will and you will regret it.
- 16m:02s: -“Content is an answer to a question and that question could be critical to them making a decision to purchase.” Chris Garrett
- 17m:55s: – How to overcome typical obstacles to getting started with content marketing
- 18m:25s: – How to use an incremental approach to content marketing
- 20m:30s: – A five-day plan to get started with content marketing
If you’d like help getting started with content marketing in your business, shoot me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.