Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Copywriting with Demian Farnworth — Chief Content Writer at Copyblogger Media
Share This Podcast
Related / Mentioned Podcast Episodes:
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 1:37 –Demian shares his story as a poet and how it led to copywriting.
- 3:28 – Why is web copy and copywriting so important for business success?
- 4:33 – Writing is involved in all sorts of content including podcasting, scripts for videos, etc.
- 4:49 – The two challenges that all content faces online
- 5:35 – Discussion around the previous podcast interview with Rand Fishkin on how content and SEO are linked
- 5:56 – Demian on how he writes engaging openings in blog posts
- 7:12 – Demian shares an example of an opening he created and how he created it.
- 8:02 – What tools does Demian use to capture openings and ideas when they strike?
- 9:00 – The “imagine this” opening that Brian Clarke used to really grab the reader’s interest
- 9:21 – The key elements to great web copy
- 10:30 – The importance of sub-headlines, transitions and fluidity
- 11:22 – What do you want the reader to feel or accomplish after reading your content?
- 12:27 – Discussion around the interview with Eric Enge on the art of creating SEO-friendly content
- 14:03 – James Altucher is a great example of a writer who really has found confidence in his style of writing.
- 15:10 – You have to be comfortable in not pleasing other people.
- 15:39 – The Pareto principle or the 80/20 rule
- 16:38 – The importance of writing things you’re passionate about (Readers feel your enthusiasm.)
- 17:07 – “Blind Man Driving” as an illustration of passion for copywriting and how it helps you notice it in day to day life
- 17:38 – What skills and competencies to look for when hiring a copywriter
- 21:57 – Why copywriters need to have an understanding of good web design
- 23:14 – What actions can a listener take to get started with finding good copywriters and/or getting good copywriters.
- 23:42 – Copyblogger Media has a certified accreditation for copywriters.
- 24:24 — Jon Morrow’s site ‘boostblogtraffic.com’
- 24:57 — Books that have had the biggest impact on Demian and why
- 27:32 — Hiten Shah and how he sees measurement as being very important
- 28:37 — How does a listener find out more about Demian?