Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 33:18 — 26.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Darren Rowse — Problogger Founder — Shares His Secrets Around Prolific Content Creation, Podcasting, and Facebook Live
Darren Rowse is the founder of problogger.net. He is one of the true pioneers of content marketing he was one of the first people in the world to use blogging as an authority building tool, and he’s mentored some of the world’s leading content marketers today. Recently, have had the honor of sharing the stage with him at Super Fast Business Live in Sydney back in March and later we enjoyed some really interesting conversations over dinner. He is the author of the Book Secrets to Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income and has founded one of the most successful blogs in the world.
Share this Episode
Related Podcast Episodes
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:42 – Introduction and Overview
- 01:18 – Ash offers podcasting set-up service. Send an email to email@example.com to book a free 30-minute consultation.
- 03:20 – Darren Rowse explains why blogging is so critical in authority building and lead generation.
- 04:25 – How a blog can transform an audience and open up a relationship based on trust
- 04:55 – How to produce content that builds friendship and grows your business
- 06:00 – Why content gives you an opportunity not just for the listeners to get to know you, but to demonstrate, as a content creator, that you know them
- 07:28 – The secret to understanding your before and after audience avatar
- 07:55 -What is more important than the before picture is the journey you want to take your readers to.
- 09:34 – How Darren Rowse published 100 podcasts episodes in a few short months
- 10:07 – Darren Rowse shares a technique on how to create events around content.
- 12:38 – Darren Rowse reveals his secret around creating events around content to drive subscriptions.
- 13:21 – Darren Rowse’s view on content marketing and how it has evolved in recent years
- 14:13 – How to use audio and video clips to grab and retain your customers’ attention
- 15:15 – The secret to how live interactions in Periscope and Facebook Live open up amazing opportunities
- 16:24 – How to use experiments to figure out which aspect of your content marketing to focus on
- 16:36 – Rand Fishkin’s view on the growth of mobile content consumption in recent years
- 17:02 – The secret behind the dramatic increase in podcast consumption among professionals and entrepreneurs
- 18:00 – The little-known reason a podcast connects to your audience in a more personal way than any other content medium
- 20:25 – Written content solves a different problem than audio and video content.
- 21:03 – Darren Rowse’s invitation to their 7th annual ProBlogger event
- 22:20 – Go to http://probloggerevents.com/ to book tickets, they will be available on 04/27/2016.
- 23:01 – How Darren Rowse sees podcasting within his general marketing mix in the coming years and where he sees the role of video in his ProBlogger
- 25:00 – How Darren Rowse leverages his Facebook Live audience
- 26:00 – Ways on how to start engaging with listeners on your Facebook page
- 28:01 – The biggest challenge with Periscope audience is to convert them into email subscribers.
- 30:16 – Periscope and Facebook Live is playing a bigger part in business growth plans.
- 31:11 – End of the first episode and teaser for the second episode