Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email |
Rand Fishkin (Wizard of Moz) And I Discuss One vs Multiple Domains; One vs Multiple Product Lines; How Mobile Is Driving Search; And What That Means For Your Content Strategy
Share this Episode:
Key Points and Insights
- 4:24 – Back in the black
- 5:23 – SEO Moz and their investment strategy
- 6:30 – Some key learnings from building the Moz brand?
- 7:20 – The importance of focusing first on ONE product (before expanding)
- 7:49 – Marketing complexity
- 11:42 – How does a startup solve the problem of managing multiple products?
- 15:50 – Should you get a separate domain for each brand or are you better off focusing on the one domain with subdomains?
- 18:50 – SEO developments – the Mobilegeddon evolution
- 20:26 – Mobile friendly vs mobile responsive
- 21:27 – Should you have a separate mobile website
- 23:00 – The importance of considering mobile user experience when creating a content
- 25:15 – Google Featured Snippet
- 30:36 – Walking the fine line between creating intrigue and building quick engagement via a problem-solving approach
What are the key learnings in growing a business?
- Having more than one product makes managing the business more complex.
- The more products you need to manage the more diluted the marketing efforts become.
How does a startup business solve the problem of managing multiple products?
- Focus first on building one product.
- After having developed brand awareness around the one product, then look at building other ‘product brands’