Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email |
How To Sustainably Generate Creative Content. Develop an Awesome Mindset with Lisa Myers, CEO of Verve Search, Plus Her Favorite Star Wars Quote
Share This Episode
Related / Mentioned Podcast Episodes:
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:38 — Intro and overview
- 02:34 — Huge changes in Google’s algorithms and their effects on SEO marketing
- 04:08 — “If everyone is drawing a cross, you need to draw a circle.”- Lisa Myers
- 06:31 — How to use creative content to grow your brand
- 07:39 — The two strategies in creative content campaigns
- 09:47 — If your content isn’t working, you need to aim to create content that gets backlinks from higher quality sites (not lower quality sites).
- 12:15 — Lisa describes Verve Search’s award-winning content marketing campaign.
- 14:21 — A discussion on guest blogging as an SEO strategy and a business strategy
- 16:10 — The biggest and most authoritative sites in the Norwegian market
- 16:47 — The job of an SEO and content marketer is to be a labyrinth walker.
- 21:21 — The importance of research and how to use it to create great content
- 23:48 — Rand Fishkin and his take on how to create high-value shareable content
- 24:22 — Trying to push content that people don’t need is a complete waste of time.
- 26:19 — Creating good creative content will cover many bases (SEO, PR, social media, etc..).
- 28:44 — Creating content that doesn’t solve a problem is like building a house by holding a hammer.
- 29:43 — How to sustainably create epic high-quality content
- 33:43 — Creating good quality content does involve taking some calculated risks.
- 34:16 — Doing multiple small campaigns to ‘cover your bases’ is a highly risky strategy.
- 35:19 — The importance of trusting your instincts
- 36:45 — Lisa Myer’s favorite Star Wars quote: “Do or Do not – there is no try.” – Yoda
- 36:55 — Most common challenges people face when engaging in creative content
- 42:39 — Lisa’s ‘rubber band’ theory when it comes to personal growth and recruitment
- 45:55 — Action steps you can take right now
- 46:26 — A thought experiment you can try right now
- 47:40 — Book recommendations from Lisa Myers