Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email |
Hiten Shah — Cofounder of Kissmetrics — How To Assess If The Software As A Service (SAAS) Business Model Is Right For You
Share This Podcast:
Key points (with timestamps)
- 01:22 – Ash introduces Hiten Shah, co-founder of kissmetrics.
- 02:17 – Hiten Shah talks about his entrepreneurial journey and how he arrived at the SAAS model.
- 04:10 – The recurring income/subscription aspect of SAAS businesses.
- 05:34 – Microsoft 365 and the Adobe licensed SAAS model
- 06:21 – How does an entrepreneur evaluate SAAS as a business model for their business?
- 07:34 – A good framework to think about whether or not SAAS is a good solution for a business
- 08:54 – Hiten’s take on Facebook as a free SAAS product
- 10:55 – IBM’s tiny microchip – Comparable to the size of DNA and implications on SAAS!
- 12:35 – Moore’s law is already broken.
- 13:48 – Hiten’s interview with Leo Babauta about his dad – an anesthetist with an entrepreneurial mindset
- 13:07 – Biggest challenges in getting started with software as a service and what’s worked best with overcoming them
- 16:38 – It pays to solve the problem without software first and then automate it with software. But make sure you can solve the problem first.
- 18:27 – How to use customer development to gauge the problems they’re facing and how they can solve them – a step by step guide
- 20:25 – Ash talks about Ryan Levesque’s ‘Ask Methodology’.
- 21:17 – Ash asks about quick wins that the listeners can take if they want to get started with SAAS.
- 24:42 – “Is the software solving a legitimate problem?”
- 24:31 – Ash asks about what books had the biggest impact to Hiten.
- 25:15 – Software is just a tool (to execute on a solution).
- 26:02 – How to get in contact with Hiten
If you enjoyed this podcast, please share it with your friends. Your referral is the ultimate compliment!