Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:52 — 25.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Dana Ditomaso On Kick Point’s Specific Strategies For High-Value Content Creation
Dana Ditomaso is an expert in search engine optimisation and content marketing, and she was introduced to me by Rand Fishkin. She’s a partner at Kick Point Marketing. She helps turnaround a lot of marketing BS into real strategies to grow your business. She specialises in helping clients make the most out of every marketing dollar, and a number one goal is to help you to achieve your business goals. She’s spoken at MOSCON, SearchLove, SearchFest and a lot of other leading events relating to search and search engine optimisation.
Share This Episode
Related / Mentioned Podcast Episodes
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:46 — Intro and overview
- 01:53 — Where Google is headed in terms of ranking SEO and content
- 02:47 — Dana Ditomaso from Kick Point shares her view on content.
- 03:14 — People often fail to do audience research before planning content.
- 03:42 —Kick Point client case study
- 05:47 — Google Now – your concierge to content
- 08:57 — How content can improve the quality of your brand
- 09:18 — A local tactic for digital strategies that Kick Point implements for client brand building
- 10:14 — One useful business tool to get to know your local media and grow your brand
- 11:23 — Advice for networking events
- 11:56 — A good test to decide whether or not to publish content
- 12:38 — How to overcome challenges with content creation
- 13:09 — The content process Kick Point uses with clients
- 14:12 — Dana Ditomaso shares her take on audio and video content.
- 15:26 — To get comfortable with the content, you need to try different things.
- 16:02 — How to repurpose your content
- 16:42 — Should you be worried about repetition of content when repurposing video to audio?
- 17:31 — Muck Rack’s value for businesses in countries outside the US
- 18:20 — Ash’s key action items to improve your content
- 19:39 — Does your city have a Media Tweet Up? It’s a great way to meet your local media!
- 22:16 — Understand your audience and SOLVE problems with your content!
- 23:02 — A simple content strategy you can use to create useful content
- 23:17 — How you can get in touch with Dana Ditomaso from Kick Point
- 23:49 — Wrap up and key takeaways
- 25:18 — Related podcast episodes