Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 28:17 — 22.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Kim Garst — Founder Of Boom Social — On How To Use Social Media To Grow Your Business
Kim Garst is a social media maven, the founder, and CEO of boomsocial.net which is a social selling and consulting firm. She’s also the author of Will the Real You Please Stand Up, has three hundred ninety-eight thousand Twitter followers at the time of this recording, an absolute, wonderful to talk to and very successful at her craft. We talked about a whole range of topics starting from how she converts her Twitter followers into paying customers all the way through to the biggest challenges people face, getting started with social media and what actions business owners like you can take to overcome them.
Share This Episode
Related / Mentioned Podcast Episodes:
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 1:47 – Kim talks about her journey and her business, ‘Boom Social’.
- 4:18 – How does Boom Social convert a twitter follower into a paying customer?
- 4:29 – Kim explains her automated sales funnel strategy.
- 5:59 – What are the conversion rates on Twitter?
- 7:40 – “The money and the relationship is in the list.”
- 9:10 – 400,000 followers on twitter
- 9:31 – Kim shares her conversion rates on Pinterest jumpstart guide.
- 10:50 – Kim shares her conversion rates overall.
- 11:45 – What’s the best way to get started with social media and what are the best channels to focus on when starting out?
- 12:44 – It’s critical to figure out who your ideal customer is (as this informs your social media strategy).
- 13:49 – The importance of getting clear on what specifically you want from your social media strategy
- 15:05 – You can’t manage what you can’t measure.
- 15:10 – The biggest challenges people face with social media (and how to overcome them)
- 15:49 – What to say on social media
- 17:27 – Kim shares the full title of her book and what it’s about.
- 18:15 – Useful tools to organize and schedule your social media updates
- 18:50 – A word of caution to the listeners on how to schedule your content (Hint: Think about how evergreen your content is.)
- 20:25 – What actions can a listener take if they want to get started with social media today?
- 21:35 – Why social media is not about “you” at all. It’s about a service based mindset.
- 22:37 – The fastest way to build the Know, Like and Trust factor
- 23:37 – A follow-up discussion on Periscope. Come soon to a pair of headphones near you!
- 24:11 – Books that have impacted Kim (that she’d like to recommend)