Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Kim Garst — Founder Of Boom Social — On How To Use Social Media To Grow Your Business
Share This Episode
Related / Mentioned Podcast Episodes:
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 1:47 – Kim talks about her journey and her business, ‘Boom Social’.
- 4:18 – How does Boom Social convert a twitter follower into a paying customer?
- 4:29 – Kim explains her automated sales funnel strategy.
- 5:59 – What are the conversion rates on Twitter?
- 7:40 – “The money and the relationship is in the list.”
- 9:10 – 400,000 followers on twitter
- 9:31 – Kim shares her conversion rates on Pinterest jumpstart guide.
- 10:50 – Kim shares her conversion rates overall.
- 11:45 – What’s the best way to get started with social media and what are the best channels to focus on when starting out?
- 12:44 – It’s critical to figure out who your ideal customer is (as this informs your social media strategy).
- 13:49 – The importance of getting clear on what specifically you want from your social media strategy
- 15:05 – You can’t manage what you can’t measure.
- 15:10 – The biggest challenges people face with social media (and how to overcome them)
- 15:49 – What to say on social media
- 17:27 – Kim shares the full title of her book and what it’s about.
- 18:15 – Useful tools to organize and schedule your social media updates
- 18:50 – A word of caution to the listeners on how to schedule your content (Hint: Think about how evergreen your content is.)
- 20:25 – What actions can a listener take if they want to get started with social media today?
- 21:35 – Why social media is not about “you” at all. It’s about a service based mindset.
- 22:37 – The fastest way to build the Know, Like and Trust factor
- 23:37 – A follow-up discussion on Periscope. Come soon to a pair of headphones near you!
- 24:11 – Books that have impacted Kim (that she’d like to recommend)