Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email |
How To Use Google Display Network Or GDN To Maximise Your Advertising ROI With Mike Rhodes
Share this Episode
Related Podcast Episodes
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 02:42 – Introduction and Overview
- 04:44 – Mike Rhodes shares his mindset within his digital marketing agency.
- 07:51 – Why Google Display Network is critical to business growth
- 09:30 – Mike Rhodes explains Google Adsense program.
- 11:25 – The difference between Facebook and Google display network ads
- 13:16 – “Display is interruption marketing.” – Mike Rhodes
- 15:05 – A – B Testing: Large part of the being a successful advertiser
- 17:32 – “Sending traffic to landing page that is not tested is a crime against humanity.” – Avinash Kaushik
- 18:13 – Ash Roy talks about Mark Bouris’ Understanding Your Business Purpose Principle.
- 19:05 – Mini Case study – The impact the letter “S” can make to your ads
- 20:35 – You can’t trust your gut, you need to run tests on your ads.
- 21:50 – Facebook understands its audience’s likes and dislikes better than Google.
- 22:30 – How Google In-Market Targeting works
- 24:40 – “Privacy is gone, privacy is dead, privacy does not exist anymore.” – Mike Rhodes
- 26:01 – “People go to Google to solve a problem, Google wants to make the experience as easy as possible.” – Eric Enge
- 28:31 – Mike Rhodes shares a secret around the future of Google Display Ads.
- 31:19 – Behavioral targeting becomes a much bigger part of the future in Google Display Network.
- 32:44 – Re-marketing marketing is the most talked about behavioral targeting.
- 33:27 – How Google Geolocation marketing works
- 34:36 – The 4 horsemen (of the information economy):
- 37:09 – How to reduce Amazon’s chances of crushing your eCommerce business
- 39:04 – The challenges around Google’s display network:
- Set up
- Lack of understanding of how GDN works
- Knowing where and how to start
- Getting caught in your assumptions
- 43:21 – Hire a GDN marketing agency that doesn’t try to game the system.
- 44:07 – How Google addresses the issue of individuals gaming the system
- 47:12 – Mike Rhodes’ steps on how to overcome issues with Google display network
- 48:30 – The great benefit of using GDN over SEO
- 49:34 – Ash Roy’s advice when you are getting started with GDN
- 51:05 – Action steps listeners can take from this episode
- 51:43 – How Google Display Planner tool helps you discover your display network
- 53:52 – Books that have significant impact on Mike Rhodes and why
- 56:29 – How listeners can find out more about Mike Rhodes
- 58:31 – Wrap up and Thank you