Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 38:15 — 35.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Suzi Dafnis on The Secret To A Successful Rebranding Campaign
Suzi Dafnis from herbusiness.com is an entrepreneur, blogger, a podcast host and a public speaker who’s spoken at events all over the USA and Australia. She’s co-founded a boutique publishing company which has sold 1.2 million books including the longtime bestseller Rich Dad, Poor Dad. She started this business in a spare room in her apartment in 1994. She’s believed in using the power of business to create freedom and express passion while making a difference in the world. For the last 20 years, she’s been committed to helping women in business and has a built a thriving community of more 30, 000 women and men around the world who are stepping up and taking action by starting and growing business and lives they love to help them have breakthroughs in their business. Her community delivers life-long learning tools to its members. She was already a featured guest in the Productive Insights Podcast episode 62.
Key Points and Insights
- 5:11 – Why branding is important to your business?
- Why brand strategy is an important part of your business strategy?
- 7:47 – The importance of grabbing domain names with the .com Getting both .com.au (ccTLD – country code Top Level Domains) and .com (gTLD – generic Top Level Domain)
- 9:44 – Should a small business be brand conscious?
- 13:26 – Brand personality and Brand consistency
- 14:07 – Personal brands vs Business brands (should you promote your personal brand or your business brand)?
- 17:36 – Consistency of results
- 18:17 – Branding identity portfolios
- 21:50 – Rebranding (from) AustralianBusinessWomenNetwork.com to HerBusiness.com
- 24:33 – Factors to consider when rebranding
- 31:49 – Summary / recap of key insights
- Actions and Insights
- 33:32 – Don’t over think your brand
- 33:53 – The brand should call out the audience or the product or both
- 34:54 – A good brand attracts the right people AND repels the wrong people
- 35:03 – If you are trying to say everything to everyone you will end up saying nothing to anyone
- 35:24 – A brand / product should call out a solution to the problem the audience is facing (your products should aim to solve your target audience’s problem)
- 36:26 – Clarity always trumps cleverness when it comes to content
Key Points to Consider when Rebranding
- Know the purpose of your business
- Identify your target market
- Know how you want your business to be perceived