Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Suzi Dafnis on The Secret To A Successful Rebranding Campaign
Share this Episode:
Key Points and Insights
- 5:11 – Why branding is important to your business?
- Why brand strategy is an important part of your business strategy?
- 7:47 – The importance of grabbing domain names with the .com Getting both .com.au (ccTLD – country code Top Level Domains) and .com (gTLD – generic Top Level Domain)
- 9:44 – Should a small business be brand conscious?
- 13:26 – Brand personality and Brand consistency
- 14:07 – Personal brands vs Business brands (should you promote your personal brand or your business brand)?
- 17:36 – Consistency of results
- 18:17 – Branding identity portfolios
- 21:50 – Rebranding (from) AustralianBusinessWomenNetwork.com to HerBusiness.com
- 24:33 – Factors to consider when rebranding
- 31:49 – Summary / recap of key insights
- Actions and Insights
- 33:32 – Don’t over think your brand
- 33:53 – The brand should call out the audience or the product or both
- 34:54 – A good brand attracts the right people AND repels the wrong people
- 35:03 – If you are trying to say everything to everyone you will end up saying nothing to anyone
- 35:24 – A brand / product should call out a solution to the problem the audience is facing (your products should aim to solve your target audience’s problem)
- 36:26 – Clarity always trumps cleverness when it comes to content
Key Points to Consider when Rebranding
- Know the purpose of your business
- Identify your target market
- Know how you want your business to be perceived