Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Mackenzie Fogelson from Mack Web on The 3 Keys to Community Building & Long-Term Business Success
Share This Episode:
Related / Mentioned Podcast Episodes:
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:51 — Intro and overview
- 01:48 — Community building is critical to business success in the modern age.
- 03:52 — People want to be connected and to have a sense of belonging with others.
- 04:10 — Businesses need to challenge themselves to be more authentic and human.
- 06:40 — This is the time for small businesses, they have the advantage.
- 07:42 — Nike, the evolution of the company and their current approach to advertising
- 08:55 — Apple’s community building approach — Self-identification
- 11:00 — What do businesses need to possess to build great communities?
- 12:17 — Three most important areas of focus for businesses that are looking to build great communities. Communities don’t form around companies but rather around:
- Shared purpose (over profit)
- 15:00 — “Start with Why.” — Simon Sinek’s youtube video
- 15:32 — Prioritizing MEANING beyond money as an approach with a view to longevity
- 16:18 — Cause marketing and Purpose marketing – Max Lenderman
- 18:05 — Global Study by Conan Wolfe – Sixty-three percent (63%) of consumers would rather buy from companies that they consider to be authentic.
- 20:13 — Ash’s action step sneak peak
- 20:44 — Mackenzie’s Recommended Links for listeners
- 21:37 — Case study: 100% lead growth from Mac Web
- 26:70 — Why community building is critical to retention strategies
- 26:52 — Case study: Sears-Roebuck value profit chain (EDIT ME)
- 29:24 — Useful tool for reference – “The Balanced Scorecard”
- 29:26 — Most common challenges businesses face with community building
- 31:42 — Why engagement is important when it comes to community building
- 34:06 — How social proof works to grow your business and brand
- 34:57 — Action section
- Focus on depth of connection rather numbers and volume
- Think about purpose before profit
- Think about the value you bring to the table in the context of their lives
- Evaluate your intention (focus on the customer’s needs)
- Focus on brand goals versus revenue goals
- 40:16 — Robbie Baxter Podcast reference (Would you like to include this?)
- 40:24 — The books that have had the biggest impact on Mackenzie and why
- 42:28 — How to get in contact with Mackenzie and Mack Web Solutions
- 42:37 — Wrap up, key takeaways and related podcast episodes