Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email |
How To Use ‘Crowd Thinking’ To Launch Your Membership Site
Share this Episode
Related Podcast Episodes
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:50 – Introduction and Overview
- 06:36 – Jarrod Robinson shares insights around how to build a prolific recurring business.
- 04:43 – Your Effective Hourly Rate: The metric for deciding whether to do something or don’t do something
- 06:56 – How the “Effective Hourly Rate” concept helped Jarrod Robinson decide which products to focus on
- 08:11 – Jarrod Robinson explains how he invented his niche in phys ed training.
- 09:22- How Jarrod Robinson is using the recurring paid subscription model to develop a profitable and valuable training platform
- 10:43 – Understanding your market as an important thing to consider in pricing
- 11:23 – The kind of content that Jarrod has inside his recurring membership site
- 12:16 – The discussion around the content within a membership site is probably more important than the content itself.
- 12:36 – How much content you need before you start a recurring membership site
- 14:14 – How the “Crowd Thinking” Model can be very effective in creating content within a membership site
- 16:05 – The Product First vs Audience First approach, and the hybrid of the two approaches
- 19:42 – Why selling lifetime memberships is a bad idea as opposed to recurring memberships
- 20:25 – What’s the minimum viable audience for a successful membership community?
- 21:27 – “The best way to own a niche is to invent it.” – Jarrod Robinson
- 24:57 – How to decide which content to create in-house and which content creation to outsource for a membership site
- 26:13 – How super users within a membership site can benefit by creating content within the membership site
- 27:47 – How to deal with the issue of who “owns the content” within a membership site that is created by other members
- 30:00 – How Jarrod Robinson decides on how polished his content should be
- 31:31 – The key elements of a successful recurring income business
- 32:55 – How to overcome the biggest challenges people face when starting a recurring income business
- 33:51- Exactly why Jarrod Robinson believes that niching and focusing on specific results are the keys to his success
- 37:21 – Why it’s important to understand how to apply Darren Rowse’s A and B avatar to the membership model
- 41:55 – Ash Roy recaps key actions the listeners can take from this episode
- 44:15 – Books that have a significant impact to Jarrod Robinson and why
- 48:35 – How to find out more about Jarrod Robinson