Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:56 — 24.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Jessica Mah Founder of Indinero (Featured on Inc Magazine For Growing Her Biz By 2,685.6%) Shares Financial Planning Secrets
Jessica Mah is the founder and CEO of inDinero.com. She loves helping entrepreneurs run better businesses. She provides accounting, tax and virtual CFO services to get far more strategy than the average CPA or accounting offers. She was a feature on the cover of Inc. 5000’s September issue which is a publication that lists the fastest growing private companies in the US. inDinero.com has the most massive revenue growth over 2000% in 3 years.
Share This Episode
Related / Mentioned Podcast Episodes:
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:48 — Intro and overview
- 01:31 — Why is financial reporting critical to business profitability?
- 01:51 — Accounting & Tax are intimidating to lots of businesses.
- 03:22 — Businesses often focus on revenue and not on profit.
- 03:58 — Online business is often obsessed with revenue at the expense of profit.
- 04:33 — InDinero can give business owners overview on their cash flow, profitability and revenue.
- 05:50 — Jessica Mah’s mindset when she develops content around InDinero
- 07:00 — Storytelling is an important part of Jessica Mah’s content creation process.
- 08:46 — The biggest challenges businesses face when getting finances in order
- 10:45 — Businesses don’t spend enough time on their forecasting, mapping out their cash position and profit for 24 months or 36 months.
- 12:37 — The plan is going to change but the act of planning helps you figure out how to run your business better.
- 15:15 — When you create a plan, you get to know what you don’t know.
- 16:46 — Action steps to get your financial planning in order
- 18:01 — Jessica Mah’s advice for solo entrepreneurs who are looking to get started with the financial planning cycle
- 19:10 — How to use your hourly rate as a benchmark to delegate tasks to your employees
- 20:19 — Jessica Mah’s favorite books that have had a great impact on her
- 22:40 — Jessica Mah’s think weeks where she blocks off entire weeks to just read books!
- 25:03 — How context switching affects productivity in a massive way
- 26:49 — Jessica Mah is featured in cover profile of INC Magazine for September 2015 issue.
- 28:35 — What is the biggest key action point?