Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email |
Bob Burg On How To Be A Go Giver And Get Your Customer To Know, Like And Trust You
Share this Episode
Related Podcast Episodes
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:42— Intro and overview
- 01:25 — The Go-Giver Principles, explained by Bob Burg
- 02:09 — People buy only because of what’s in it for them.
- 02:57— Content marketing is all about delivering consistent value to the audience.
- 03:36 — Bob Burg explains the Know, Like and Trust relationship and how it applies to content marketing.
- 04:09 — How NOT to do content marketing and how NOT to be a spammer
- 04:40 — The marketplace decides who they do business with.
- 05:35 — “Money is simply an echo of value.” — Bob Burg
- 07:14 — Bob Burg explains what selling is all about.
- 10:32 — The Law of Authenticity
- 11:23 — The most common challenges on getting started with implementing the Go-Giver principle into business and life
- 12:43 — “Great leadership is never about the leader, great influence is never about the influencer, and great salesmanship is never about the salesperson.” — Bob Burg
- 14:20 — ”You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
- 15:06 — Don’t be focused on the notion of lack but rather focus on the notion of abundance.
- 16:17 — Action steps are what a listener can take to improve sales techniques and implement the Go-Giver principle.
- 17:21 — The “Go-Giver”, “Go-Getter” and the “Go-Taker”, explained beautifully by Bob Burg
- 19:22 — Why it’s critical to ask your customers why they’re buying from you
- 20:46 — “When you sell on price, you’re a commodity. When you sell on value, you’re a resource.” – Bob Burg
- 21:48 — A metaphor for value in a story about a high-end restaurant
- 22:47 — “In a free market-based exchange, there are always at least 2 profits: the buyer profit and the seller profit.” — Bob Burg
- 23:04 — Books that have had the biggest impact on Bob Burg and why
- 25:34 — How to find out more about Bob Burg