Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:10 — 23.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Bob Burg On How To Be A Go Giver And Get Your Customer To Know, Like And Trust You
Bob Burg is a highly acclaimed speaker and an international bestselling author of books such as Endless Referrals and The Go Giver. He’s one of the world’s authorities in relationship marketing. Through his dynamic Endless Referrals system, Ultimate Influence and Go-Giver principles, Bob teaches business professionals how to leverage their network of everyday contacts into a never ending stream of new prospects.
Share this Episode
Related Podcast Episodes
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:42— Intro and overview
- 01:25 — The Go-Giver Principles, explained by Bob Burg
- 02:09 — People buy only because of what’s in it for them.
- 02:57— Content marketing is all about delivering consistent value to the audience.
- 03:36 — Bob Burg explains the Know, Like and Trust relationship and how it applies to content marketing.
- 04:09 — How NOT to do content marketing and how NOT to be a spammer
- 04:40 — The marketplace decides who they do business with.
- 05:35 — “Money is simply an echo of value.” — Bob Burg
- 07:14 — Bob Burg explains what selling is all about.
- 10:32 — The Law of Authenticity
- 11:23 — The most common challenges on getting started with implementing the Go-Giver principle into business and life
- 12:43 — “Great leadership is never about the leader, great influence is never about the influencer, and great salesmanship is never about the salesperson.” — Bob Burg
- 14:20 — ”You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
- 15:06 — Don’t be focused on the notion of lack but rather focus on the notion of abundance.
- 16:17 — Action steps are what a listener can take to improve sales techniques and implement the Go-Giver principle.
- 17:21 — The “Go-Giver”, “Go-Getter” and the “Go-Taker”, explained beautifully by Bob Burg
- 19:22 — Why it’s critical to ask your customers why they’re buying from you
- 20:46 — “When you sell on price, you’re a commodity. When you sell on value, you’re a resource.” – Bob Burg
- 21:48 — A metaphor for value in a story about a high-end restaurant
- 22:47 — “In a free market-based exchange, there are always at least 2 profits: the buyer profit and the seller profit.” — Bob Burg
- 23:04 — Books that have had the biggest impact on Bob Burg and why
- 25:34 — How to find out more about Bob Burg