Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Podcasts : How to Leverage the Medium to Grow Your Brand Fast! (Plus Recent Changes to Podcast Analytics and Interface Announced at WWDC 17)
Share this Episode:
Key Points and Insights
- 1:00 – Intro
- 2:04 – Why podcasting has re-emerged as a content medium
- 4:39 – Apple’s announcements at WWDC 17
- 5:18 – How podcasting can help develop relationships with high profile guests and build market authority
- 6:14 – Apple’s Car Play and it’s role in the podcasting revolution
- 6:40 – Podcasting requires a minimum amount of effort as compared to the other content mediums i.e. written and video content
- 7:38 – New form of podcasting announced at WWDC
- 8:22 – Trailers and the role they will play in podcasting
- 9:23 – Changes in the podcast interface on iOS
- 9:55 – Podcast Analytics – the game changer
Advantages of Podcasts
- Does not require you to have a screen to consume the content.
- Allows users to self-educate while doing something else.
- Makes for a more laid back experience.
- Is often an intimate experience – given the fact that people tend to listen on headphones.
- Podcasts are largely consumed using mobiles and this is going to lead to massive growth in podcasting since mobile consumption is growing extremely fast.