Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 21:24 — 19.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Podcasting for Entrepreneurs with John Lee Dumas
John Lee Dumas is the the founder of Entrepreneur on Fire, also known as the Pot Father. He’s no stranger to podcasts, in fact, you’ve heard from him on every single episode as part of the intro. I’ve hosted with his partner, Kate Erickson in episode 7 of this podcast series. He was featured on inc.com, Time Magazine, and Forbes.com. In fact, he was featured earlier today at Forbes.com at the time of this recording which is the 6th of August 2015.
Key points (with timestamps)
- 2:42 – Why Podcasting is Important to Business Success
- 3:50 – How Podcasting builds an intimate connection with listeners
- 4:43 – “Thank You Pat Flynn” for relaying John’s talk at Podcast Movement (via Periscope).
- 5:30 – $290K of clean profit in June 2015 … A 1 million downloads per month!
- 6:05 – Where Podcasting is heading in terms of Content Marketing
- 9:01 – The biggest obstacles to getting started with podcasting and how to overcome them
- 11:07 – Brief overview of John’s journey of becoming a podcaster
- 13:10 – Action steps YOU can take to get started
- 13:37 – Blubrry vs Libsyn vs Podcast Websites, as podcasting media solutions
- 14:29 – A discussion about Libsyn vs Blubrry reporting capabilities
- 15:05 – How John inspired Pat Flynn’s podcasting journey
- 16:57 – Books that impacted John and helped him dramatically in business
- 18:00 – John’s advice for entrepreneurs who are getting started
- 19:35 – Why you should find a mastermind to be part of
- 20:13 – How listeners can get in contact with John
If you enjoyed this podcast, please share it with your friends. Your referral is the ultimate compliment!