Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 56:43 — 51.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Julie MacDonald (International News Anchor) — & I Discuss Actionable Strategies Around Using Authenticity To Build An Enduring Business Brand
Key Points and Insights
- 03:00 Why is authenticity in the media so critical in terms of building a strong business brand and online presence?
- 04:06 Despite recent technological advances, we still live in a ‘tribal’ world online
- 09:52 Keep it simple
- 10:09 Be Human
- 11:27 The sales process
- 12:45 Explanation made fascinating
- 15:57 Actions steps
- 15:09 Human communication
- 16:30 Meeting your customer when they are on their journey
- 18:00 Listen to your customers
- 18:25 Understand the goals of your business?
- 18:36 Who are you and what is your story?
- 19:50 What value do you offer?
- 23:40 Understanding your customer
- 24:42 Problem-solving
- 25:25 Unity is important
- 27:16 Biggest challenges that people face in building a brand
- 29:15 How does a CEO stay authentic and tell the truth despite challenging circumstances?
- 33:45 Specific actions to increase brand authenticity and align your brand with your values?
- 40:00 Action steps to get you started
- 46:40 Tell the story in the organization first
- 49:47 Book/s that had a big impact on you and why?
- 53:44 Message from Julie
Four Steps to Storytelling
- Get clear by listening to your audience
- Decide on your goals
- Get clear on your values
- Tell stories
- Keep it simple.
- Understand that storytelling is about listening first and talking later.