Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 25:14 — 28.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Tim Reid (Author of The Boomerang Effect) on How Podcasting Attracts High-Value Clients and Builds an Authority Platform
- Podcasting gives small business owners the opportunity to have their own show where they can share their thoughts and opinion, entertain and engage people, provide meaningful insights, and eventually attract high-value clients.
- Self-employed and business owners are now more self-educated. Podcasting has really taken learning to a new level. People can learn just by listening to the episodes right from their devices, wherever they are, whatever they’re doing.
- The Boomerang Effect – Boomerang Effect is to get back from your marketing far more than you put into it. Podcasting opens the door to speaking engagements.
- Podcasting is a form of content marketing – providing value through good quality content which can eventually deliver transformation with the target audience.
- The biggest challenge in Podcasting is to actually get started. It is not important how many podcasts you already have, but it’s more about what topics you discuss and how much value you deliver.
- Test and develop your podcast workflow.
- Write the headings of your first 10 podcasts.
- Create a sound framework for your podcast episodes that delivers value and caters to your listeners.
- Look for a podcast format that works best for you – Interview type, Q & A, Opinion, or with a Co-host.
- It is always okay to discuss similar topics with different guests as they deliver different insights and nuances on similar topics. The key is to keep it interesting for the listener.