Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:38 — 22.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Andrew Lock Reveals His Tactical Secrets Around Launching Successful Membership Sites
Andrew Lock is the founder of helpmybusiness.com and has a free weekly TV show that helps entrepreneurs and small business owners build a better business and stand out from the crowd this TV show became the number one marketing web TV show and Apple iTunes beating Harvard Business Review, Advertising Age and Business Week. He’s authored several books on marketing, and he’s been referred to as the Yoda of Marketing. He’s also a keynote speaker and has shared the stage with the likes of Richard Branson, Seth Godin, Brian Tracy, Tony Robins and Tony Say from Zappo’s. I recently had the honor of sharing the stage with him at Super Fast Business Live 2016 which is where we met.
Share this Episode
Related Podcast Episodes
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:42 -Introduction and Overview
- 03:18 – Andrew Lock discusses the importance of membership sites to leverage your online channel.
- 04:44 – Ash Roy and Andrew Lock explain niche membership sites and how they work.
- 06:11- “The most successful membership sites are the ones that hone a very specific topic rather than a general market.” – Andrew Lock
- 06:49 – “Interviewing other credible experts is an excellent way to build your own credibility.” – Ash Roy
- 07:25 – The secret of a successful membership site is not only the host’s expertise but his/her passion, enthusiasm, and transparency.
- 09:37 – The keys to building a successful membership site
- 10:16 – Andrew Lock’s examples on how to determine your niche
- 12:46 – Authentic passion for your topic plays a huge role in creating a profitable membership site.
- 14:16 – How to prevent information overload for members using development-in-stages system for content
- 15:48 – The role of forum based conversation around content in building relationship inside the community
- 17:09 – How to keep up your forum presence – The ultimate method by Andrew Lock
- 19:09 – The top 2 frameworks to help you decide when to launch a membership site
- 20:20 – Oprah Winfrey and Ellen Degeneres’ effective strategies to engage their audiences
- 21:22 – “If you try to be everything to everyone, you will be nothing to anyone.” – Ash Roy
- 22:01 – How to choose an initial topic for a membership site using scientifically-based research process
- 23:48 – Andrew Lock’s example of how to choose a topic
- 24:53 – Tools that will help you research topics and narrow down to your niche
- 26:25 – Ash Roy recaps the key actions listeners can take from this episode.
- 26:51 – Thank you and teaser for the second part of this episode