Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email |
Andrew Lock Reveals His Tactical Secrets Around Launching Successful Membership Sites
Share this Episode
Related Podcast Episodes
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:42 -Introduction and Overview
- 03:18 – Andrew Lock discusses the importance of membership sites to leverage your online channel.
- 04:44 – Ash Roy and Andrew Lock explain niche membership sites and how they work.
- 06:11- “The most successful membership sites are the ones that hone a very specific topic rather than a general market.” – Andrew Lock
- 06:49 – “Interviewing other credible experts is an excellent way to build your own credibility.” – Ash Roy
- 07:25 – The secret of a successful membership site is not only the host’s expertise but his/her passion, enthusiasm, and transparency.
- 09:37 – The keys to building a successful membership site
- 10:16 – Andrew Lock’s examples on how to determine your niche
- 12:46 – Authentic passion for your topic plays a huge role in creating a profitable membership site.
- 14:16 – How to prevent information overload for members using development-in-stages system for content
- 15:48 – The role of forum based conversation around content in building relationship inside the community
- 17:09 – How to keep up your forum presence – The ultimate method by Andrew Lock
- 19:09 – The top 2 frameworks to help you decide when to launch a membership site
- 20:20 – Oprah Winfrey and Ellen Degeneres’ effective strategies to engage their audiences
- 21:22 – “If you try to be everything to everyone, you will be nothing to anyone.” – Ash Roy
- 22:01 – How to choose an initial topic for a membership site using scientifically-based research process
- 23:48 – Andrew Lock’s example of how to choose a topic
- 24:53 – Tools that will help you research topics and narrow down to your niche
- 26:25 – Ash Roy recaps the key actions listeners can take from this episode.
- 26:51 – Thank you and teaser for the second part of this episode