Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 36:59 — 33.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Chris Ducker on The Secret To A 6-Hour Day, A 4-Day Week & A Multi-Million Dollar Business
Chris Ducker is the author of the book, Virtual Freedom. We hung out a bit at Super Fast Business live conference in March 2015 and during his talk, he owned the stage, and he demonstrated true showmanship! He only works an average of 6 hours a day and his work week no longer includes Friday. He is also the host of the New Business Podcast. I’m delighted to welcome the smooth-talking, straight-shooting online entrepreneur, the founder of chrisducker.com.
Related Podcast Episodes:
Key points (with timestamps)
- 3:27 – Chris’ journey and how he built a self-sustaining business working 4 days a week and 6 hours a day
- 6:47 – How Chris works ON his business, not IN his business
- 7:50 – Build systems for repeatable processes – don’t try and be superman/superwoman.
- 8:48 – How do you work through the fear of delegating tasks that involve sensitive information?
- 10:50 – It comes down to deciding to let someone into your inbox a couple of hours a day
- 14:53 – The importance of culture of the organisation
- 17:00 – The Employee – Customer profit chain at Sears – case study
- 17:47 – TextExpander is an awesome app.
- 18:59 – The common challenges in cutting back on hours while still improving profitability
- 21:22 – Productivity 101 – Multi-tasking is a myth.
- 21:39 – Amy Porterfield’s mentor’s take on context switching
- 25:47 – Actions a listener can take to get started with increasing productivity and profitability
- 27:58 – As our friend James Schramko says, “You can’t steer a parked car.”
- 28:13 – Books that have had the biggest impact on Chris
- 28:20 – Chris talks about the book ‘Crush It’ by Gary Vaynerchuk.
- 30:37 – How ‘Losing My Virginity’ by Richard Branson impacted Chris
- 34:20 – Richard Branson, if you’re listening …
If you enjoyed this podcast, please share it with your friends. Your referral is the ultimate compliment!