Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
The Dalai Lama, Humor in Public Speaking And Engaging An Audience with Marty Wilson
Marty Wilson from morefunnymoremoney.com was previously a featured guest in the Productive Insights Podcast Episode 89. He’s a pharmacist turned award-winning advertising copywriter, turned stand-up comedian, turned best-selling author and speaker. He’s spoken to over 500, 000 people since he first lit up on stage in 1997. In his first 12 months, he won Australian comic of the year and appeared on the footy show. He was invited to the UK to become a full-time stand-up. His keynotes and workshops are packed with scientific knowledge, takeaway tips and strategies and most importantly, wrapped up in countless, hilarious stories. He’s recently been invited to share the stage with Dalai Lama, almost did, which we talked about in this episode.
Share this Episode:
Key Points and Insights
- 3:33 – Almost sharing the stage with Dalai Lama
- 4:47 – Ethics for a new millenium by Dalai Lama
- 7:43 – How to use humor as a tool to bond with your audience
- 10:53- What is it about humor and music that brings us together as people?
- 13:47 – Devices Marty uses as a public speaker
- 18:30 – The end of the laughter is the beginning of listening
- 18:46 – Devices around humour
- 19:34 – How to hone the most important skill when it comes to humour – timing
- 26:14 – How to develop your humor muscles
- 29:30 – Building up the tension in the story (for a bigger laugh)