Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 51:14 — 41.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Olympian, Jon Edwards, on The 3 Secrets To High Performance – Part 2
Jon Edwards is an Olympian, a business owner, a blogger, a husband and a dad to two beautiful children. Jon has been on ESPN Sports Illustrated details magazine CBS and NBC and today he’s going to talk to us about how you can take the techniques Olympians use to make your life and your business better to increase your productivity and dramatically improve your performance.
Share this podcast:
Key points (with timestamps)
- 1:03 – How technology affects children today
- 3:36 – What is high-performance and why it is important in business
- 4:49 – Industrial incest
- 9:10 – On David Allen’s Getting Things Done Approach
- 9:43 – How to master the art of Idea capture
- 13:15 – How high-performance practices can translate into high profit
- 14:30 – How to create a reserve of resources to pursue additional opportunities
- 17:32 – Entrepreneurship – one of the four factors (economic) of production (the others being land, labor and capital)
- 21:13 – The world of work is about to change … FAST! So buckle up!
- 26:38- “You don’t have to be the expert. You just have to be their expert.”
- 27:54 – How to overcome the fear of being accused of plagiarism and just get started with content creation
- 30:20 – Why it’s not always a good idea to blindly take advice from your ‘inner circle’ (and why you should step into your outer circle)
- 35:26 – Incremental approach vs Break through the barrier approach
- 40:27 – How listeners can get in touch with Jon
- 42:15 – A goal is NOT a dream with a deadline.