Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
Web Design Success Secrets – With Greg Merrilees
Hello everyone today I’d like to invite an artist and an entrepreneur who’s established a thriving business in something that is very close to my heart and that is design. More specifically web design that converts web browsers or people who are browsing the web intro buyers Greg is the founder of studio1design.com and is here to talk about the critical role that web design plays in business today.
Share This Episode:
Key points discussed / timestamps:
- 1:32 – What is Web Design? How is it different from Web Development?
- 4:52 – Custom website design as investment
- 5:31 – A brief overview of Greg’s journey towards a successful web designer
- 7:23 – “I started building trust and I offered to help design their website.”
- 9:51 – The importance of design
- 10:07 – “Your clients will take you more seriously. It adds credibility.”
- 10:53 – What is a good design?
- 13:37- “You have to make sure that the imagery that you used reflects the target customers.”
- 15:10 – Understanding your target users on web designing
- 16:25 – How to get started with implementing good web design
- 17:33 – “Trust is a huge factor in web design.”
- 19:54 – Most common challenges when getting started with web design and how to overcome them.
- 20:43 – “Realistically, your website should be a reflection of your business.”
- 21:20 – Actions to take to improve website design to drive conversion and profitability
- 23:15 – Invest in copywriting
- 25:55 – “Overall you should at least get your website reviewed… like for every 2 years.”