Timeboxing daily tasks is one of the quickest ways to increase productivity.
My approach to timeboxing is simple:
- Go through my task list on my OmniFocus app (for Mac, iPad or iPhone) and decide on what tasks need to be completed today
- Put the tasks into my calendar as appointments with clear start and finish times.
The benefits of this approach are as follows:
- I reduce my stress levels because I don’t committed to tasks that will take more hours than I have in the day.
- I am able to consider my meetings, appointments etc that are already in my diary when deciding on how much I can commit to completing for the day
- I can visualise my day’s commitments very clearly in terms of time slots
- Using the native calendar app on my iPhone I can easily reshuffle my appointments by holding down and dragging a given appointment to different time slot (in the day, week or month) in response to the every changing demands of each day.