Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |
The Biggest Public Speaking Mistakes and How to Fix Them with Matthew Kimberley – Part 2 of 2
Matthew Kimberley from matthewkimberley.com is an expert in profitable lead generation and is also the author of the self help classic: How to Get a Grip. He speaks all over the world and brings his own, unique charm and wit to audiences, big and small. He was a featured guest in the Productive Insights Podcast Episode 67.
Share this Episode:
Key Points and Insights
- 2:50 – How to be a better public speaker and generate higher leads
- 6:51 – The authority that comes when you speak from stage
- 10:43 – How to engage your audience
- 12:29 – What if you’re not a good public speaker?
- 15:10 – Preparation preparation preparation
- 16:01 – What are the biggest mistakes people make around public speaking?
- 23:53 – How to ensure you’re relevant and socially savvy as a public speaker
- 25:37 – The western vs eastern approach to authority (and the pros and cons of each) and how they relate to your public speaking career
- 26:20 – The importance of understanding cultural nuances
- 28:00 – How to prepare for a public speaking engagement
- 31:08 – How to make yourself relevant to your audience