066. Inc Magazine Featured Entrepreneur Jessica Mah Shares Her Financial Planning Secrets And How She Grew Her Biz By 2,685.6% over 3 years
February 22nd, 2016 By: Ash
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email |
Jessica Mah Founder of Indinero (Featured on Inc Magazine For Growing Her Biz By 2,685.6%) Shares Financial Planning Secrets
Share This Episode
Related / Mentioned Podcast Episodes:
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:48 — Intro and overview
- 01:31 — Why financial reporting is critical to business profitability?
- 01:51 — Accounting & Tax are intimidating to lots of businesses.
- 03:22 — Businesses often focus on revenue and not in profit.
- 03:58 — Online business are often obsessed with revenue at the expense of profit.
- 04:33 — InDinero can give business owner overview on their cash flow, profitability, revenue.
- 05:50 — Jessica Mah’s mindset when she develops content around InDinero?
- 07:00 — Storytelling is an important part of Jessica Mah’s content creation process
- 08:46 — The biggest challenges businesses face when getting finances in order
- 10:45 — Businesses don’t spend enough time on their forecasting mapping out their cash position and profit for, 24 months, or 36 months.
- 12:37 — The plan is going to change but the act of planning helps you to figure out how to run your business better.
- 15:15 — When you create a plan you get to know what you don’t know
- 16:46 — Action steps to get your financial planning in order
- 18:01 — Jessica Mah’s advice for solo entrepreneurs who are looking to get started with the financial planning cycle
- 19:10 — How to use your hourly rate as a benchmark to delegate tasks to your employees
- 20:19 — Jessica Mah’s favorite books that have had a great impact on her.
- 22:40 — Jessica Mah’s think weeks where she blocks off entire weeks to just read books!
- 25:03 — How context switching affects productivity in a massive way
- 26:49 — Jessica Mah featured in cover profile of INC Magazine for September 2015 issue.
- 28:35 — What is the biggest key action point?
No comments yet
Join Productiveinsights For Free
I'll show you how to start,
run & grow a business in the 21st century.